| Selling Your Home |
Selling your home involves much more than just placing a "For Sale" sign in your yard and going to Closing. This is why Sellers have hired real estate Agents to handle the details for them for the last 200 years. We enjoy helping you prepare, market, and sell your home. We do our best every day to help our customers succeed. We offer a variety of marketing channels including multiple listing options, Internet Marketing strategies and print marketing services enabling you to choose the most economical way to sell your home. You can even participate in the selling process if you so desire.
Through our extensive research we will determine the correct price range for your home, and point out things you should do to your property to make it more appealing to Buyers, and to create strong curb appeal. We will devise our most effective plan of action specific to your needs.
Here are some things we will do to assist you in selling your home:
- We go over the selling process with you, without the technical jargon.
- We perform a comparative market analysis.
- We market your property through extensive marketing.
- We keep communication with you open.
- We present the purchase agreement.
- We communicate with other professionals such as the Buyer's Agent, appraisers, loan officers and attorneys.
| What Price Should You Ask for Your Home? |
We know that you want to ask the highest price possible. That's why we research the current market to see what the highest reasonable price is. Here are a few hints on setting the right price:
Often, your home's value depends on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing the selling prices for such homes, the price is adjusted according to current market trends.
- Buyers often look in the price range determined by their monthly ability and down payment.
- Buyers are often very knowledgeable in their price range and then purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential Buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to bargain. But if your asking price is outrageous, the Buyer's offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It's necessary to offer competitive pricing, terms, and conditions in your area. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value.
| Determining Your Asking Price |
There are three factors that determine if your home is a marketable listing. They are price, financing, and time.
Price - If your home is priced too high, you must be willing to wait much longer for your home to sell. Either it will take that much longer to find someone willing to pay more than the home is worth, or the market will eventually catch up to the "asking price" of the home through inflation.
After deciding on a price, try the old retail trick - drop the number down a bit. Instead of placing the listing at $400,000, drop it down to $399,990.
Financing - You may not realize it, but the financing of your Buyer can have a tremendous impact on the success of selling your home. Try to offer very attractive financing options. Consider carrying the financing yourself at a below-market interest rate or preparing your home for government financing. This could open the door for many Buyers that otherwise couldn't even consider your home.
Time - If time is important to you, then you must be willing to lower the price.